Psalm 32

" Blessed is the one whose trangression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit."
Psalm 32:1-2

 This psalm is filled with some pretty amazing words of wisdom when it comes to prayer and confession. Basically it is encouraging us to pray and come before the Lord and confess our sins. It sounds super easy right? But in reality it is actually really hard for some people. I know I personally struggle with this, either I am too ashamed or embarrassed to admit to my sin or I am blind to the fact that I am sinning. But our gracious and good Father teaches us and constantly opens our eyes and guides us down the path that leads to Him.

"I will instruct and teach you in the way you should go; I will council you with my eye upon you." Psalm 32:8

Of course this isnt always easy because we have a tendancy to be like a horse or a mule without understanding. We tend to follow our own path and forget to come before Him with everything and lay it at his feet.

“Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭32:10-11

We have been diving in as a church through Matthew and the sermon on the mount and it continues to come back to our behavior that stems out of our heart. We feel as though we can cover our heart issues up with how we carry ourselves in front of our community like we have it all together. God looks at our hearts and desires all of us to be devoted to Him. We need to take the time and rejoice and be glad in Him for rescuing us on a daily basis with the grace and mercy He can only provide. I am blessed by our church because I do have trouble bringing forward my transgressions but through missional community, Renewal, and church fellowship, God has placed people in my life to be a constant encuoragement in these areas.

Be encouraged today to rejoice in your heavenly Father and know he is there to pick you up when you fall.


Comments

Popular Posts