Transformed: Relational Health - Day 5

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV) 

Love is all you need. Thats pretty simple isnt it?

The grammar in this passage is very interesting here. Now, dont tune out just because you heard the word grammar.” Listen to this: it is just as exceptional, in the original language, for the verse is to be read one of two ways.

You could say: When I truly love you in a deep way, I will forgive you completely and tenderly.“ Or, you could say: When I love you deeply, God himself will forgive my multitude of sins.

Either way, love is all you need. This means that I have been called upon, by God, to love you in such a way that I quickly drop any offense that I might have toward you. I live a life of love and accept you, warts and all, just as Jesus accepts for you— and how he has accepted me too for that matter. It also means that when I learned to love you in this way, God exercises his forgiveness toward me and I live a life that is filled with grace, acceptance, and the favor of God. Love is all you need!

So how do I do it? Here is some ways to love from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. (Go see for yourself.) 

Be patient with someone today who is a little slower than you when it comes to getting it.

Be kind to someone who needs a little extra help— offer it to them without their having to beg you for it.

Dont boast about yourself today. Find someone else to be proud of and let them know it!

Dont get angry. Stay cool. Take a deep breath and carefully explain your feelings by building a bridge into someone elses life, rather than a wall.

Be protective. Stand up for someone who could use a little extra strength to turn their circumstances around. 

Dont give up on anyone. Keep the faith. Hang in there. Renew your help. Persevere in your love for them. 

Love is all you need. So now do it! Love someone else today and you will be graciously loved by God.

Next Steps. Write down your answers to these questions. 

128. What did you hear?
129. What do you think?
130. What will you do?
131. Now talk to God...


Work Cited
Warren, R. (2014). Daily devotions: Transformed: How God Changes Us. Rancho Santa Margarita, CA: Saddleback Church.

Comments

Popular Posts