Source Code

Proverbs 22:17-19
17 Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise,
and apply your heart to my knowledge, 
18 for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you,
if all of them are ready on your lips. 
19 That your trust may be in the Lord,
I have made them known to you today, even to you.

When Zane and I were young platonic college age friends, I partnered with peers from his church who began ministering to the kids in the neighborhood. It was amazing. It was called The Bridge because we are all about connecting the kids to not just church, but Jesus. 

We met on Friday's after school and always had a bible study. We would read a select passage or story then asked questions. I kid you not, no matter what we asked, the younger ones always shouted out one of the three answers: 

"The Bible!!!" 

"Jesus!!!!"

"Because The Bridge is fun!"

It was like the running joke of the ministry, but in reality, 2 of those 3 answers applied then and apply to all of us now. 

In a world where the world's knowledge, opinions, and principles are a click of a button away, I have to remind myself to truly see the Bible and Jesus as my #1 source of everything.  Not Instagram, not Pinterest, not my morning AM talk radio show...Verse 19 states that the word was made known for me today! Even for me! That my trust may be in the Lord.  

Pray that we incline our ears to God and apply our hearts to his knowledge daily! 

Pray that the desire of our hearts is to pursue Godly wisdom high above anything else. 

Also pray that next time someone raises their finger and is like, "but the Bible was no longer applicable to today because blah blah blah blah blippity blue," pray that your heart will burst forth to share the Good News with him/her.  And the excitement to share will be rooted in Christ's love.

How wonderful it is to serve a living loving God. He has never changed, but is still "cooler" than all of us combined.

It's so nice to be able to come together as brothers and sisters and pursue him.

I thank God for you!  Happy Thursday. 

Grace

Comments

Popular Posts