Faithful

Pray for Us
2 Thessalonians 3:1-5
1 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, 2 and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.

This is Paul’s prayer request and it is on point. It drives to the heart. It points to the Gospel. It acknowledges wickedness. It directs us to the Love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.  
In my own life, I just want to be Jesus’ disciple first. I want help share the Gospel to the nations, honor God, and snuff out evil. But boy, I have been feeling overwhelmed and physically tired. And with all the craziness of my own day to day interactions and then gazing onto national and global events, Satan has made me feel like I already lost. Although Christ already won, I let the wickedness around me cloud my judgment and discourage me.  

This is why I will always cling and hold on to the first sentence of verse three: But the lord is faithful. 

We are facing trials of many kinds But the Lord is faithful.

We are human and yell at others and show our ugliest selves But the Lord is faithful.

I want to be God’s soldier but feel more like a sissy But the Lord is faithful.

I feel tired and…But the Lord is faithful. 

He will establish us and guard us. V.3

The Lord will direct our hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.  V.5

This is my own reflection in reading Paul’s prayer, now it is your turn.  Time to pour in.  

Take time to prayerfully reread this passage. You may want to read verse by verse or a few times in its entirety. See what words stick to your heart. Ask God why they are sticking to your heart.  
Talk to God our King and Father.  Lay it all down at his feet. Then Listen. Sit in solitude. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is talking to you.

(If you are not at a place where you can do the above, try to do it later today. I lovingly promise, it’s worth it!)

Make today a day of reflection. Love you all, my brothers and sisters!

In Him, 

Grace

Comments

Popular Posts