GPS

When your reading Matthew 2, notice all the information being delivered and the different ways the info was delivered. There were wise men, Angels, dreams and prophesies. All these things worked together to help bring about the best news in history. There was a whole lot of listening going on in Matthew 2.

I don't know about you, but I know that when I'm heading out on a road trip I do a fair amount of research to see where I'm going. I want to know what the challenges will be, if any, and how I can avoid them. Then I put in the address into my GPS devices...yes that's right, I use two different ones just in case I get bad info. I just don't have 100% faith that they will guide me and get me where I need to go, and as far as I know GPS systems don't make promises, and I have found more than once when I don't listen, I usually get jammed up somewhere. Ugh...

How awesome is it that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he uses all kinds of ways to help us not get lost...but just like the GPS that we have for road navigating, we have take the time to listen and obey. Are you living your life so fast that you wonder why your struggling to hear Gods voice? Just like in Matthew 2, if Joseph hadn't listened and obeyed, the story would have been much different.

I pray that this year we all take a good look at how we see God at work in and through us. Are we preparing for daily "Jesus encounters" by taking the time to prepare? Are we willing to listen and obey. If we are, God promises he will direct our steps.

Remember our Savior is the ultimate example of obedience.
Philippians 2:8
"And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death on a cross."

- Jerry

Comments

Popular Posts