Smartest Thing Ever

The other day I told a friend that I'm not getting any smarter. He laughed as if that were obvious to everyone except for me. Maybe true.:)

What I meant by that is that I'm not doing anything in my life right now that is growing my knowledge noodle. I used to be really good about always doing something to grow. I have just sort of been in a funk lately, I guess you could say.

And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.
Matthew 2:11

The wise men were more like magician type guys. Like astrologers, hence following the star. But they had one thing down. They were wise. They earned that title. They somehow were humble enough to fall down to a toddler and worship Him.

Listen, it doesn't matter how smart you are, what your background is, where you are from, what your socio-economic status is. The wisest thing you can do is fall on your knees and worship Jesus. You don't have to grow in your knowledge to do that. You don't need a new degree or need to read a book about worship to worship Jesus. You just do it.

And guess what. That's the wisest thing you could ever do. So I'm those times when you feel kind of funky, or out of it, the remedy is worship. True unabashed worship of Jesus.

I pray church that you would follow in the footsteps of the wise men. That you would bring your gifts, that you would give your life, and at its most basic you would simply worship Jesus. That's His desire. He wants your worship from your heart. If you're struggling with that, ask the Holy Spirit to work that out in you. To give you freedom to worship Jesus unashamedly.

Love you church.

Charlie

Comments

Popular Posts