Good Shepherd

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

- Psalms 23

Ok. For today's Devo, it's going to be a bit different. I want you to engage God's word. A couple of months ago, we practiced the Lectio Divina through the book of Matthew. I want you to apply that to this passage today.

This passage is so well known. It's in movies, songs, prayers, books, etc. But what does it mean to you? What is God trying to show you through His word?

Take 10-15 minutes and do this exercise...our version of the Lectio Divine.

1. Rest - Sit for a minute and just ask the Holy Spirit to illuminate the Scripture to you.
2. Read - Read the passage two times. We do this to allow the content to sink in.
3. Reflect - Think about what you just read. What stands out to you? What is God showing you?
4. Respond - Pray to God. Ask Him what He is saying? Thank Him for engaging with you in His Word.
5. Record - Take a minute and write down, or type what it is God is showing you. Sometimes this can look like a prayer.

In my personal life this is the most effective way to engage scripture. Love you guys. Praying God does great work in you.

Charlie

Comments

Popular Posts