Psalm 9

“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9:1-2‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Do you ever have to talk to yourself in order to turn your attitude around? I know what you are thinking... So, now Bridget talks to herself. She really is as crazy as she says.

Seriously, though. Sometimes we all need to refocus our mind and our attitude. The world starts to creep in to our lives and puts scales over our eyes. We get greedy. We get ungrateful. We feel owed something. We are unsatisfied. This happens when we take our eyes off Jesus, and all he has done for us.
And that's when you need the previously mentioned personal pep talk. And I feel these first verses of Psalm 9 are perfect for when you need to fight to get the scales off your own eyes.

It's a choice friends. And sometimes it's a fight. Our flesh is strong.
So, when you feel is creeping in, start saying this to yourself on repeat.

“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.”

Sometimes David's Psalms say how much he loves to worship the Lord. How he loves to follow the law. This Psalm sounds more like a personal pep talk to me. I will... I will...

If you are like me, it isn't always your first choice to choose gratefulness, or thankfulness, or to praise God for all He has done. Rather than allow the scales to build up on our eyes, let's battle back quickly with this verse as our sword...

“I WILL give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I WILL recount all of your wonderful deeds. I WILL be glad and exult in you; I WILL sing praise to your name, O Most High.”

Will you say I WILL today? Battle it out with this scripture. Choose thankfulness and joy. Don't let the world steal your perspective. You are loved by The Most High, and He will meet all your needs in His perfect time and way. In the meantime, praise Him. Let's repeat it one more time together.

“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.”

-B

Comments

Popular Posts