Psalm 17

Well, since Con-Dog did 16 again, I'm grabbing Psalm 17 and running with it!

Here goes.

1 Hear a just cause, O LORD; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!
2 From your presence let my vindication come! Let your eyes behold the right!
3 You have tried my heart, you have visited me by night, you have tested me, and you will find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.
4 With regard to the works of man, by the word of your lips I have avoided the ways of the violent.
5 My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped.
6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words.
- Psalm 17:1-6

Gosh I love David. If there's someone that I can relate to in the OT it's him. That's not to say that I'm as great as David was, but that I just love his schizophrenic prayer life. One minute he's panicking because he can't find God, and the next he's like, "Ooh God, you're like a warm blanket to my soul..."

This Psalm is just so beautiful. I love the way that David steps into his prayer. What's crazy is that he basically tells God, "I'm doing it. I'm committed. I'm not sinning. I am following you with my whole life." His level of knowing where his heart is at is awesome.

And here's the encouragement...his heart is clean! So often, we approach prayer with an "I'm not worthy" mentality, which is kind of true. However, God has called you worthy. And in calling you worthy, he has called you to something great!

David is in this season of actually following God the way God has asked him to. What a blessing!

Today, ask yourself. Can I approach God with the kind of confidence David does here? Is my heart clean? Can I commit like David in this Psalm?

If not, pray for God to show you and clean your heart. And approach the Lord boldly!!! He has called you worthy and has made you new. He gives you a new heart, so live like it!

Love y'all.

Charlie

Comments

Popular Posts