Trusting God

Trusting God

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
Psalm 22:1-5

I don’t know about you but I have found myself often saying these words to God. I am going to be completely vulnerable right now in hopes that in my vulnerability the Holy Spirit will do His thing. The past few years I have struggled with anxiety. At first it was separation anxiety but over the year it has slowly evolved and has become anxiety about just leaving the house. I often have to fight in order to do simple things like grocery shopping, taking the kids to the park, or swim lessons. I often feel broken and tired. I feel like a burden to those around me especially my family because they are the ones who have to sacrifice so much for me. I often worry about how my children see me, if they can sense that I am feeling this anxiousness when we go places. I try hard to hide how I am really feeling.

I can’t tell you how many times I have cried out to God asking Him why He hasn’t taken this away; getting angry that He hasn’t taken this burden from me the way I want Him to. I feel like David as I cry out day and night seeking rest and healing but coming up still feeling so broken and fearful. But in the midst of the fear, in the midst of the pain, I hear and know truth. I know all I have to do is trust God. He has a plan. He knows what he is doing. Even though it is painful, I often don’t understand. I often feel broken and weak. He is strong and I am learning to trust Him. Just like David had to trust God daily.
As you continue through this week I would like to encourage you to remember to trust God. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you into true surrender to His way and to show you what it means to truly trust Him. If you find yourself going through difficult season in your life remember He is a good, good Father who says;
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:29-30

Even though I know the road to finding freedom from anxiety is going to be long and painful I know it is one that is worth walking down. The more I place my trust in the Lord and surrender myself to Him the more freedom I find.


Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts