For His Glory

For His Glory

May God be gracious to us and bless us;
may he make his face shine upon us Selah
so that your way may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.
Psalm 67:1-2

Can I be annoying and connect this to our pregnancy journey yet again (I feel like I’ve been doing that alot lately; I promise I’m almost done)? But really, it has everything to do with God, and nothing to do with us.

As many of you know, we went through a bit of a rough road to become parents. Ryan had to do some intense praying over a few years to change his heart to be ready and excited to have kids. God was faithful and blessed those prayers beyond what I ever could have thought.

I had a good amount of sanctification to go through with learning patience and trust, as it took quite a bit longer than I would have planned. But God was faithful, and brought me to a place where I was at peace with His plan and His timing (and I didn’t make it easy on Him, I’m sorry to say).

And He was faithful yet again, surprising us with the most joyful news when we least expected it, because God does love a surprise. But I distinctly remember this thought being impressed upon my heart: “This is for My glory.” Only He could have brought this about in the way that it happened. Only He can overcome our physical, emotional, and financial deficits and create a miracle in their place.

I believe God blesses us because He delights in delighting us. His word says he gives good gifts to His children. But this Psalm also reminds us that He blesses us to make His goodness known. It’s about so much more than us. It’s about showing a hurting and desolate world a faithful, loving, magnificent God who cares about His children. And honestly, that’s the part that makes me tear up in worship every time I think about how God works in our lives. It’s all for this purpose:

“Let the peoples praise you, God; let all the peoples praise you. Let the nations rejoice and shout for joy...God, our God, blesses us. God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.”  Amen.


Blessings, 
Connie

Comments

Popular Posts