Hotline

16 "But I call to God, and the Lord will save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice.
18 He redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me."

There are many times I read through David's Psalms and take comfort in being able to peek into the heart and emotions of another human who loved the Lord.

David loved the Lord and yet we see him struggle so much in the book of Psalms.   Here he says he calls on the Lord, he complains to him, moans at him and the Lord hears his voice.  Sometimes, David's problems, or poems, feel redundant... but this is why I take comfort in reading them!

I confess that I not only grow tired of the repetitive problems and angsts my children face, but I've wondered if God ever grows tired of mine.  Even though I know I shouldn't put human attributes on the Holy of Holies, I do.  Probably because I'm so flawed and reactive with my emotions, I assume untrue things about him such as: God is tired of my problems.

Can you relate? Do you think he is just tired of one of your flaws or a truck load of 'em

(Just answer in your heart of course. And if you can relate, don't wallow, read on!)

22 "Cast your burden on the Lord,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved."

God loves us and sustains us with a perfect kind of love that doesn't die out.

He also doesn't call us to stay the way we are but calls us to be better, more like him, holy.

Truth is we can't do it alone.  Truth is conviction from the Lord is good, too.  But we must go to him to hear his voice, be poured into us, and trust in him to sustain us.

Pretty "Christian 101" huh? But I'd like to thank you for letting me preach to myself because I needed to reflect on this. I pray that we are all pressing forward and casting all our burdens onto him.

"17 Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice."

Morning, noon, and night, may we go to him always.

Comments

Popular Posts