Psalm 60

Who are you going to call But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow. Save us and help us with your right hand, that those you love may be delivered.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭60:4&5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

When you read this chapter, one might come to the conclusion that David must have been in a world of hurt based on his descriptions. Just like David our lives will inevitably have times where we find ourselves in a world of hurt. Question is what will you do when that time comes? I know my go to remedy is pretty typical for most guys...I try to fix things myself and right the ship because after all God gave me some skills and I should be able to do it...ha. Bad idea. Ok then, next remedy must be to get some help from someone who also has skills and then we can fix the mess together and claim victory and success....WRONG!WRONG!WRONG!
David knew that the only way he was going to get out of his mess was to come to his Heavenly Father, get down on his knees and say 'I need you desperately because I know it's only through trusting and obeying you that I can find victory.'
Just like David, when you are faced with life's battles that you can't win on your own there's only one way to come out victorious. You have to give it ALL to God and let Him go before you. Sometimes we just have to take our hand off the steering wheel and trust our Heavenly Father to guide us through the most treacherous roads.
A refrain from an old home says it perfectly...
"Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey"
Make that part of your daily prayer time and I guarantee you will see results.




Comments

Popular Posts