The Mediator

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. - Hebrews 9:15

I don't know if you've ever needed an attorney before, but there have been a couple of times in my life that I did. One time I was in an accident and was not at fault, but there was a dispute on that from the other party. They were so wrong. Anyway, I never really talked to the other party because we both ended up with attorneys and they ended up doing all the work. I know you want the end of the story. There couldn't be conclusive evidence of anybody being at fault so basically nobody won, which means I lost. Not bitter....not at all😡

This idea of Jesus being our mediator is like having a perfect holy attorney constantly doing our bidding to a perfect righteous judge. See we could never stand before that judge and proclaim our innocence because we are flat out guilty. But we have Jesus who died for us while we were yet sinners going to bat for us. And He does that because He loves us. He doesn't charge $350 an hour for  His advice. His work for us is a completely free gift that we say "yes" to and marvel at. Now I don't know about you, but when I think of an attorney, I don't typically think of free or love. But this is just how Jesus does our bidding.

He is praying for you, church. And it's free and motivated by love. And He never ever ever loses a case. Today, rest in that. Know that Jesus is your mediator. Know that He is praying for you. Know that He loves you. Know that He does this for Free. Know that He does this for eternity. With that in your heart, give Him your case today. Give Him Your life.

- Charlie

Comments

Popular Posts