Abba Father

Proverbs 3:11-12

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves. As a father the son he delights in.

Proverbs is a very wisdom filled book, and many a time I find myself falling short of being a wise man. I tend to pray for this a lot as I find myself being a husband and father to my own family. Through the rest of this chapter on wisdom and how we should "... not be wise in your own eyes..." and how "Blessed is a man who finds wisdom..." I kept reading the above verse over and over again as wisdom isn't something I always find easy to come by.

The reason I titled this Abba father is because, "Abba," translates to the word, "Daddy," in Aramaic. Relating our Lord to a father figure and how he disciplines those he loves, makes me feel so much more connected to Him as I put myself in a relatable situation. I love my boys and want them to grow up to be men of Christ, but they are not perfect and need to be disciplined so there paths can also be made straight. After I discipline my boy (as of right now it is only the three year old), I always ask him, "Do you know I love you?" He says yes and I am able to hold him in my arms. As discipline is never fun and exciting and in the moment you try and find every way to justify what you did, knowing that God loves you no matter what and how he delights in you through everything brings an insurmountable comfort over me.

Pray this next week that you will find comfort and peace in our Father and how He holds us in His arms even when we do wrong by Him.

-Tim

Comments

Popular Posts