Super Star Power

10 Listen, my son, accept what I say,
    and the years of your life will be many.
11 I instruct you in the way of wisdom
    and lead you along straight paths.
12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
    when you run, you will not stumble.
13 Hold on to instruction, do not let it go;
    guard it well, for it is your life.

As we have been reading Proverbs this season, it is evident that Solomon’s desire for wisdom was well… wise!  The devotions these past few weeks renew this desire for wisdom within my own life.

Especially with the all the family and work hardships I’ve been facing, wisdom seems like that Star Power from Super Mario Brothers! In the original Nintendo Super Mario Brothers game, getting a Super Star Power made the player temporarily invincible!!  Players could run through “bad guys” undamaged and zoom to their destination.   But this is just a game.  Luckily, real life is better!

Godly Wisdom is better than gold.  Godly wisdom is better that Star Power.

As Solomon instructs his sons, so our Abba God instructs us as his children.

Reread the above verse, for the God of the universe cares about your life.  He wants our years to be many, our paths straight, and provides instruction to guard our very lives.

I don’t know about you but I often feel like I stumble so much as I run the race.   I take comfort in knowing my Lord knows I feel this way and has expressed it in his word.  He knows I feel this way and  offers me wisdom and instruction to keep me going.

Brothers and sisters, continue to pray for wisdom.  Accept what God says in his word.  Meditate on his word day and night so we can go move through our day with invincibility that can only come from the power of God.   The creator of the universe calls you his son or daughters.  Accept what he says.  He is waaayyy smarter than we are.

Pray for yourself, the members of your Build Groups and MCs, for our leaders and for our church family.

Love you all!   

Grace

Comments

Popular Posts