Covered

Covered


Prov 2:9-11 ESV
Then you will understand righteousness and justice    and equity, every good path;10 for wisdom will come into your heart,    and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;11 discretion will watch over you,    understanding will guard you,

When we pursue wisdom and value it, it will pervade us. It reaches our core and takes dominion over us. We will be able to recognize wisdom when we hear it and celebrate over it. It will be soothing to our soul. 

When we pursue wisdom and lend our ear to understanding, it will preserve us. We will know what to say, not to say, what to do, when to do it. It will come out in the way that we deal with others and keep us from harm’s way. 

Notice how wisdom is all encompassing? Wisdom enters into our hearts, filters what comes in and what goes out, and surrounds us. God has everything covered. 

The longer I walk with God the more I realize how foolish my ways are. If only I were to seek his wisdom all the time, to make it my routine, I wouldn’t need to rely on my own clouded and imperfect judgment, but trust in his clear and perfect wisdom. 

I encourage you to read these verses out loud and read them to God. Make your request to God, and ask for his wisdom to pervade and preserve you. 

- Natalie

Comments

Popular Posts