Step Up To The Plate

Leeland Garrison just had an epic birthday party involving the miraculous sport of kickball. To us adults, kicking a large rubber ball might not seem so hard as we try and blast it out of the park. For the kids, on the other hand, it takes quite a bit of courage to "step up to the plate" all on your own and make solid contact with the ominous bouncing object pummeling toward you. Their courage pays off well when they blast one down the third base line and have a chance to sprint towards first base.

During the course of the last couple months, God has really been challenging me to take that courageous stand at the "plate" and reap the joy that comes from it. From learning more and more what it means to be the spiritual leader of my house, to trying to write devotionals for The Well (something that I would never ever think of signing up for). I have also been teaching my 3 year old son scripture and watch him start to memorize Bible verses. I have found myself in, what I like to call, more "Godly" conversations when I don't ever really talk about my faith outside of church. I have been worshipping more freely and openly and not worrying about what other people may think. I am beginning to see and understand that with myself investing more of my time to serve my creator, everything in my life starts to flourish; and the stretching and discomfort that might come from thinking about doing some of these things goes away when you just say , "Yes;" and let God lead you through the opportunities he has blessed you with. You may not kick a home run every time but sometimes it is more important just to get on base.

As scary as it may be, pray for doors to be opened for you and how you can be a blessing unto others and watch God work as we all start a new week.

-Tim

Comments

Popular Posts